Queens Public Television offers Not-For Profit organizations a free outlet to provide the community with announcements. The PSA’S are cablecast throughout the day with events, news and useful information.
The following is a list of Do’s and Don’ts for the preparation for taping a PSA. They are as follows:
- Do not wear white clothes, opt for bright colors instead.
- Do not memorize script, it will be presented on a teleprompter for your convenience.
- Do not wear reading glasses, the font size on the teleprompter can be adjusted.
- Do bring a business card for distribution.
- Do time yourself, the PSA should be no longer than 58 seconds.
- Do include in your PSA your mission statement, the services that you provide, your website address and most importantly, introduce yourself.
- Do be on time or a few minutes early for your scheduled appointment.
- Do email your script to MJ@QPTV.ORG before your scheduled date (optional for QAX participants).
- Do provide supporting photos in jpeg format, if you are using photos.
- Most importantly, Do come with a smile!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
The Community Development Department at QPTV
(718) 886-8160 x324 or x323