Friday, December 11th, Rosalyn Nieves and the crew from Queens Public Television (QOTV) hosted the December QAX 2010 Bootcamp meeting. Great hosts. Great interactive workshop! Every single member of the QPTV staff was friendly, hard-working and open.
Rosalyn outlined the partnership opportunities available at QPTV for the Queens Art Express community:
- Become a QPTV producer and/or provider: Technical requirements for sending in a video
- Posting on QPTV’s Electronic Community Bulletin Board
- Workshop sessions: EEP (Electronic Field Production ),10 weeks, $85.00; Studio Production, 10 weeks, $85.00; Editing, 10 weeks, $85.00
- Grant opportunities: From time to time QPTV may provide grants based upon financial or technical need, to not-for-profit organizations located in Queens to produce educational, cultural or artistic programs which are not available through commercial broadcast media
- Web linking: Web sharing is a simple method to create traffic between websites
Hoong Yee Krakauer from QCA, Janna Naylor, Program Director of Salvatore Larussa Dance Theatre, and Shown Choi from Flushing Town Hall were on hand to record PSAs for their respective organizations.
Next QAX Bootcamp is Thursday, January 14th, 10am, in Jackson Heights.
Community United Methodist Church, 81-10 35th Ave.